Howie Hawkins
"Opt into teacher and school evaluation based on collaboration." (http://www.howiehawkins.org/platform)
I agree with Hawkins idea, that teachers should be evaluated based on how well they perform together and not primarily based on the student test scores. Students have the ability to do bad and make the teacher look bad which isn't fair for their evaluation. This is why I believe that Hawkins idea is a better system for teacher evaluation.
" Free Tuition at CUNY, SUNY, and Community Colleges." ( http://www.howiehawkins.org/platform)
I also agree with this issue because many students are afraid of debts before applying to SUNY or Cuny and even Community Colleges. Free tuition will allow them to financially apply to more colleges or universities. Also for students who are going away for college this will benefit them by taking away their tuition expenses and having them only pay for living and other expenses. Tuition is a big part families look at because it's what students are paying for the most out of their total cost for college.
No comments:
Post a Comment